GUILT FREE FUNDAS TO HOLIDAY EATING
Christmas holidays are starting and everyone is planning to take off for a much deserved end of the year. Back of the mind are those New Year resolutions that one will have to act upon on the 1stÂ of January. Losing weight, joining a gym, starting a diet, leading a healthier life-styleâ€¦.but then that is all in the coming year. For now itâ€™s the holiday that matters and the guilty indulgence that comes along with it.
Yes, guilt. No matter what anyone says, somewhere in our sub-conscious we all pray that we would return from a holiday as we are without the extra burden of weight or fat to negate in the coming year. After all it does make the resolutions more difficult to follow and goals seemingly more unreachable. Who wants to count calories or diet when they are on a holiday?
And yet we all wish we didnâ€™t gain that extra weight when we return from one. So here are some five fundas to follow when on a trip.
- Eat a good breakfast. Most hotel packages include the first meal of the day in their room rates.
- Donâ€™t wait for your next meal timing to taste that ice-cream or waffle or creamy cheese pasta. If thatâ€™s what you want to eat, just do it. Get that craving/desire out of the way. Anticipation ends to eating more.
- Lazy lunches are fine but you do need to get off that table or get the food off the table if you plan on hanging around till coffee time. A change of seat usually helps the situation. If itâ€™s on the table you will eat it.
- Shopping will always make you hungry at the end of it. So eat! Donâ€™t wait to dump your bags, shower and change before heading out for a meal. You need to eat before you are starving.
- Having drinks, bites and then dinner too is a bad idea. If itâ€™s a night at the bar, make sure you are fed well either before or during. Having dinner post drinks as most Indians do is a bad idea. That is truly where the calories pile on, food isnâ€™t digested and you would end up with a hangover headache.
Get quick fix solutions with back2basics.