Ghee is called the Indian nectar by the western cultures that are gradually opening up to the deep wisdom of our Indian food culture. Why is it that we need the west to influence us on what is good for our health when we have had that wealth forever.
The main underlining cause I think is, the older generation not being able to explain things scientifically to the Gen-next. Let me present to you some shock facts that will make you think.
- Do you know that our brain is made up of 60% fat? Now imagine depleting that !
- Vit A, D, E & K are not made by your body, that means you need to ingest them on an everyday basis. All of these are fat-soluble vitamins. That means that they can be absorbed by the body only if they are mixed with edible fat.
- Vit A, D, E & K are required to maintain good, hair and skin, regulate your neurological functions, strengthen bones, maintain, repair and regenerate cell membranes, and increase immunity. Imagine if you reduce any of these?
- Omega 3 & 6 the important fatty acids are present in substantial quantity and quality in ghee. The only reason why ghee was not listed as a choice to get them from is that doctors were worried about lactose-intolerant people. However, there is no scientifically proven theory to this !
- Certain complex carbs that have both soluble and insoluble fiber cannot be digested without the help of fats. No wonder you need the ghee on the bajra/ jowar rotis !
Ghee, is indeed the Indian nectar. It has HDL to protect your heart against plaque forming on the arteries, lubricates your joints to combat arthritis, repairs and regenerates cell membranes to keep dementia, Alzheimer’s at bay. So, folks for the longevity of life do not give up on this Indian nectar that has been with us since generations. Eat well, be well.
For pure ghee contact Satvyk – The Health reStore